N/APosted on - 11/25/2014
What is the Dynamic Named Range? How can you create a dynamic named range in excel? How would you provide a Dynamic Range in Data Source for a Pivot Table? Is it possible to make a pivot table from multiple sources of data in the same workbook .Can you make one from data in different workbooks?
Use of Dynamic Named range in Pivot tables
Dynamic Named Range:
Automatically increase the dynamic named range when we increase the value.
Dynamic named range in excel formula:
COUNT ($A: $A) from this function we calculate the value of A cell.
Dynamic Range in Data Source for a Pivot Table:
Range will automatically increase when we increase the value in pivot table.
Creation of pivot table:
1. Select a cell in the database
2. Choose Data>PivotTable and PivotChart Report
3. Select 'Microsoft Excel List or Database', click Next.
4. For the range, type your range name, e.g. Database
5. Click Next
6. Click the Layout button
7. Drag field buttons to the row, column and data areas
8. Click OK
9. click Finish
Pivot table from multiple sources of data:
Yes it is possible to create pivot table from multiple source of data in the same workbook.