N/APosted on - 01/07/2014
I am in process of running the update manager, in the middle I got an error message stating installation packages from sources that are not authenticated. This means I should not continue with update? But this error is appears again and again. I do continue with the update it will crash the system? Help me to solve this error.
Title: Requires installation of untrusted packages.
Requires installation of untrusted packages
The action would require the installation of packages from sources that are not authenticated.
azureus transmission-common transmission-gtkvuze
Update manager stops and says installation packages are not authenticated
The error can be solved by following the commands mentioned below:
1) Click 'Start', select 'Run', the run window will open
2) Type 'cmd' and the command prompt window will open
3) Enter the command 'sudo apt -get clean', press enter
4) The command will clean the files present in the manager
5) Enter the command 'cd/var/lib/apt', 'sudo mv lists lists.old'
6) The lists will be moved from the old location to the new one in the system
7) Type 'sudo mkdir -p lists/partial', the user create a new directory in the path mentioned
8) Enter the command 'sudo apt -get clean', 'sudo apt -get update'
9) The files will be updated and the error is removed from the system