N/APosted on - 12/25/2013
I think there is a problem with the Windows 8 operating system. I tried to update antivirus Microsoft security essential I ended up in vein. There is a peculiar problem; I used to do it just like that. Today I discovered the same error message is for iTunes update too. Something is terribly wrong in my system. Urgent help please.
The installation failed.
The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Update error for Microsoft security essential and iTunes
The steps to install solve the error occurring in the system are mentioned below.
1) Close all the running applications and shut down the system
2) Restart the system and run it in safe mode
3) Click the 'Apple icon' and select 'System Preferences'
4) Click 'Accounts' option from the list of system options
5) Click the plus sign, select 'Click to lock to make changes' option
6) Log in using the administrator username and password
7) Check the 'Allow user to Administer this computer' checkbox
8) Click the Apple icon and click logout the original account
9) Login the system with the new account