N/APosted on - 06/27/2016
I have got a laptop from my college which has Symantec Endpoint Protection installed on it. Symantec has a feature called DLP (Data Loss Prevention) which blocks any flash drive that I connect.
Can anybody tell me how can I uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection from my laptop?
Uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection From My Laptop.
To uninstall Symantec, you need to have its un-installation key. To get it, follow these steps.
1) Click on the START button and type “Run” in the search box and press Enter.
2) Enter “Regedit” and press Enter.
3) Now follow this path
a. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SOFTWARE >> Microsoft >> Windows >> Current Version >> Uninstall.
b. Now search for Symantec in the list and copy the un-installation key, for e.g. let the key be AKSI-SANS-SAYA-PASI-ISAH.
c. Close the registry editor.
4) Press “Windows + R” button again.
5) Enter “cmd” and press Enter.
6) In the command prompt window type “msiexec.exe / AKSI-SANS-SAYA-PASI-ISAH/passive”.
7) You can uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection from your laptop in this way.