N/APosted on - 02/20/2013
I’m receiving an error and I’d like to know what’s causing it and how it could be solved. I don’t see other contributory concerns with my AD system though. This is the error as I see on the screen:
Starting test: Machine Account Warning: Attribute user Account Control of SERVERNAME is: 0x82020 = (UF_PASSWD_NOTREQD |
UF_SERVER_TRUST_ACCOUNT | UF_TRUSTED_FOR_DELEGATION) Typical setting for a DC is 0x82000 = (UF_SERVER_TRUST_ACCOUNT | UF_TRUSTED_FOR_DELEGATION)
An unexpected error occurred for DC
This error normally comes while running DCDIAG for a domain controller. If that is the case, reset "userAccountControl" to 532480 (0x82000h) using ADSIEdit.
Follow these steps:-
1. Open adsiedit.msc and connect to Domain naming context.
2. Expand it and select the problem domain container.
3. Right click on it and click Properties.
4. Look for the attribute userAccountControl.
5. Click on the Edit button and change the decimal value to 532480 (0x82000h).
6. Click OK and close it. Now try to run DCDIAG.