Unable to validate oracle database credentials after Oracle Forms 6i Installation
Hi Edward Jones,
Solution to your problem is to create an Oracle account with the correct credentials or permissions. This is required for protection and security of your files. There is a default user account, but on certain cases this is not sufficient for your system. You have to create a specific secure account for security and safety purposes. Use The Oracle Server Manager to create your account or by Oracle DBA Studio if you have any.
Create your account by following these steps:
1. On DBA Studio, connect as SYSDBA and modify your database.
2. Expand the Security tab on the left side of the Window.
3. Select Users.
4. Select Create after right clicking on the Users.
5. Enter a name and a password on the dialog box to create your new user account.
6. Go to System Privileges tab.
7. Provide privileges and double click each of these users:
8. Assign the selected rights by clicking the Create tab.
9. Enter the newly created account to specify the SID information on the Oracle server.
Use these screenshots as your guidance: