N/APosted on - 05/31/2012
I hope it’s alright to share my problem with you. It occurred when I tried to update my iPod touch 3G to iOS 5. Everything is pretty ordinary, as I have SHSHs for roughly any FW for the machine. I’m not sure how to explain it, but I was successful with upgrading or downgrading to almost every firmware which I tried. Unfortunately, I was not successful with the iOS 5.
I tried several times but each time it shows this error message “3194”. If I continue to refresh, it gives me “3002”. To my knowledge, I’ve tried everything I can. I look forward to your kind support and help on this issue. Thanks in advance.
Unable to update iPod Touch 3G to iOS 5
So many iDevice user face the “error 3194″ and “error 3002” when they try to upgrade to iOS 5.
I think this problem caused by conflict when verifying SHSH in apple server with Cydia server where all Jailbroken iDevices save their SHSH.
This is how to solve that problem For Error 3194 and Error 3002 :
1. Edit Hosts file manually, Go to C:WindowsSystem32driversetc
2. You will see a Hosts file, edit hosts file using notepad using administrator privileges (open notepad and drag the hosts file to notepad)
3. Make sure there’s no other text below 127.0.0.1 localhosts, if there are other text, just delete it and save.
4. Reboot your computer.
5. After your computer restart try to restore with downloaded IPSW file.
you must download iOS 5.0 IPSW manually here :
iPod touch 3G – http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/061-8360.20111012.New3w/iPod3,1_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw
6. Launch iTunes and plug in your iPod Touch, Hold down shift + click restore
The iTunes dialog window will pop up, select the IPSW you have downloaded before
Wait until the installation process finish.