N/APosted on - 02/26/2014
When I try to view a Visio 2010 diagram in a SharePoint server site by using a web browser, Visio 2010 diagram is not displayed. For your information Silverlight is disabled in that. Does hotfix fix my problem? How do I fix with hotfix? Do I need to install the hotfix? Please help. Thanks.
Unable to retrieve data from the server. The web request failed.
Unable to retrieve data from the server
This happens when the SharePoint have multiple web front-end servers and there is no load balancer that will keep a track between the web browser and the web front-end servers.
However, you will get a supported hotfix from Microsoft that will try to correct only the problem that is described in this article. There will be a "Hotfix download available" button if this is allowed to download. Connect with Microsoft Customer Service and Support if you unable to find this. Before starting please go through the following:
• The form ‘Hotfix download available’ is displayed in the language for which the hotfix is available and if you don’t find your language that means the hotfix is not available for your language.
• After you apply this hotfix you have to restart the IIS.
• A previously released hotfix will not be replaced by this hotfix.
• No prerequisites are there for installing this hotfix.
• You need not make any changes in the registry to use one of the hotfixes in this package.
Above all remember, that this may not have all the files that are needed to update a product to the latest. This may only have those files that you have to resolve and that are listed in this article.