N/APosted on - 09/19/2011
I am trying to install Windows 7 on my Apple MacBook Pro. Windows OS is to be installed on a VirtualBox machine. I have setup the virtual machine with all the appropriate hardware and loaded the Windows setup from an ISO file. The setup process loads up but quickly crashes with the following error. Has this issue occurred for any of you guys before?
Windows could not collect information for [OSImage] since the specified
image file [install.wim] does not exist.
Unable to Install Windows 7 on MacBook Pro
You should follow these steps to install Windows 7 on MAC OS:
1. Update your Bootcamp to the latest version or minimum 3.1 and open boot camps.
2. Make a partition on your hard drive for windows 7 almost 10 to 20 GB.
3. Boot camp icon will be displayed on the desktop if your partition is successful.
4. Insert Windows 7 CD into the drive and start the installation process.
5. Now MAC will restart with Windows 7 and will show all your partitions.
6. Select your Bootcamp partition and format it and continue window installation.
7. After the installation is complete remove Window CD.
8. Run windows 7.
9. To install drivers insert MAC OS DVD.
10. The Bootcamp installer will launch and install apple software update.
11. Connect to the net and install latest drivers for your MAC.
12. After installation is complete restart your MAC OS.