N/APosted on - 05/10/2012
I want to install the latest version of the Lenovo ThingVantage Toolbox but I am having some trouble installing it. When I attempted to install it, it would stop on the file "cptasks.xml". After that I run the ThinkVantage toolbox but I a message from Windows pops up saying that the application was unable to start correctly. I am suspecting this could be due to the installation I did earlier which failed. How shall I resolve this problem? Please someone help me. Thanks.
ThinkVantage Toolbox cptasks.xml Installation Error
Hello there Alex. Well the problem you are experiencing is not rare. Lots of people are having the same problem. Firstly, uninstall your program. Then re-install it. At the time of re-installation follow these things:
1. Disable your antivirus and firewall.
2. Uninstall the old version of Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox.
3. Terminated LLT process (pcdrcui.exe).
After re-installing it your problem hopefully is solved. If this does not work. Follow the alternate way:
1. Download the latest version of Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox.
2. Before installation rename the folder C:ProgramDataPCDr .
If still you have problem the try this:
1. Navigate to this folder: C:Program FilesPC-Doctorscriptletssecurity_action_items
2. Delete "MobileBroadband.xml" .
Try any of the ways mentioned above and hopefully you will get the problem solved.