N/APosted on - 05/13/2015
I recently bought a netis router to use WiFi in my smartphone but while connecting to router the router sends signals and get’s connected in smartphone but it doesn’t get connected in my PC while using a ethernet cable. While troubleshooting it the troubleshooter say the connection is broken. Please help me with this problem.
Is there a problem in my router?
If you’re having issues with your wired connection while Wi-Fi is on, try to follow the instructions below.
1. Go to Start >> Control Panel. While on category view select Network and Internet.
2. Click Network and Sharing Center.
3. Go to Change Adapter Settings.
4. Right-click on the wireless device. Click Properties.
5. Under networking tab click Configure.
6. Select Advanced tab and Disable on wired connected remove or uncheck the option.
You can also try this with Windows 8 or earlier version.
1. Go to Control Panel using the Menu Charm and look for Network and Internet >> Network and Sharing Center.
2. Click the Change adapter settings link from the left side of the window. The Network Connections window will open. Look for Ethernet connection, check if it is disabled. Enable all connections for the wired as necessary. For the Wi-Fi connection make it sure it is also enabled to allow different types of connection.
Note: It is advisable to use one type of connection only (wired only or Wi-Fi).