N/APosted on - 03/08/2013
Someone sent me a couple of .One file that was made on Microsoft OneNote 2010 and a Windows 7 64 bit system. How do I view them on an Ubuntu OS? Is there a OneNote reader for Ubuntu? I have a 1 GHZ Pentium 4, 2 GB RAM and Ubuntu version 12.0.
Is there a Onenote reader for ubuntu?
To view MS OneNote files on Ubuntu you have 2 options you can go for:
1. You can set up the Windows OS in VirtualBox which is a system emulator for Ubuntu.
In the following link you will find useful information on how to setup and configure VirtualBox correctly.
Then you can run OneNote on the emulated Windows System.
2. You can install OneNote on your Ubuntu using "Wine" or "PlayOnLinux" software.
In the following steps I'll show you how doing it with PlayOnLinux:
– Open PlayOnLinux, Choose Install a program.
– Search for MS Office 2010 in the search bar.
– Once you find it, Click install.
– PlayOnLinux will open installation wizard. Click next.
– Choose Other assuming that you have your MS Office 2010 CD.
– Insert your MS Office CD then in the blank space type /media/cdrom. Replace "cdrom" with the name of the CD. Then Click next and MS Office 2010 will be installed!