N/APosted on - 11/19/2013
What workarounds can provide Internet, via tethering, from a wired router to a Windows 7 laptop in another room? I’d like to avoid running a cable from room to room outside. Can anyone provide step by step advise on this?
Tether internet from a wired router to a Windows 7 laptop
I would recommend the use of Linksys Powerline.
How it works:
1. Connect the adapter to a router via an ethernet cable.
2. Plug the adapter into a wall socket.
3. Plug the the 2nd adapter to another wall socket (which in your case is in another room.)
4. Connect the second adapter to your device using a second cable.
5. Use the software included in the package
That should be it. Sweet and easy.