N/APosted on - 10/29/2013
I have developed a web application located in program files folder. I am using Windows Server 2008 R2 and running IIS7.5. When I tried to create a new application within IIS and set the location to the same folder and click Test Settings an error message displayed. Is this a problem with IIS? How can I avoid this error? Help me with a strong advice. Thanks.
There was an error while performing this operation.
Invalid application path.
Test Connection error changing the application location
The error is because the bindings in IIS are not correct.
There are multiple solutions to resolve this error.
Solution 1: Change the HTTP bindings in IIS.
1) Open the IIS Manager
2) Select Web Site, Click 'Bindings'
3) Select 'Add', Enter the host name for the specific website
4) Restart the IIS
Solution 2: Changes in the application pool identity.
1) Go to IIS Manager, Click on 'Application'
2) Enable the Anonymous Authentication mode
3) Click 'Edit', select 'Application pool identity'
4) Click 'Set', Enter the login credentials in the set credentials window
5) Click 'OK'