N/APosted on - 10/17/2014
Currently I have Windows 8 pre-installed(Factory Installed) and while working on my laptop when is not hung up and when I press Ctrl+Alt+Del, Task Manager appears in not-responding state. I need to kill some non-responding processes, but Task Manager itself doesn't Respond. What should I do?
Laptop: Sony Vaio SVP1321WSNB VAIO Pro 13.
Windows is Genuine.
Task Manager itself is Not Responding in Windows 8?
Windows 8 has a system which runs in the background to speed up software starting time. However, sometimes it causes some problem and freezes the computer including taskbar. It can also happen due to hard disk error.
1. Download any of your preferred hard disk checking utility.
2. Install and run a full hard disk check.
3. It takes a little bit of time and can slow down your PC. It's normal, just be patient.
4. After completion, check for fragmentation and other errors.
5. If the errors are too much, you probably need to replace your hard disk.
Follow this method only if your hard disk is working fine.
1. Press Windows + R to open up run.
2. Type Services.msc and then click Ok.
3. Check for Windows Search and Superfetch.
4. Right click on each of them separately.
5. Go to properties and choose Disable from the drop down menu and then click Ok.
6. Now you should see the not responding issue solved.