N/APosted on - 10/26/2011
I need some help on transferring applications on my SD card. And also, what are the uses of SD cards? I also have questions regarding syncing Over The Air (OTA). I used OTA when syncing with Treo Palm and MotoQ. I want to know now, if there is an OTA or syncing using the Bluetooth feature of Blackberry 8800 series? If it’s not available with it, what is the use of pairing my Blackberry to my computer via Bluetooth?
Syncing Devices Using OTA(Over The Air) Process
You cannot transfer apps in your SD card. The SD card can be used as a storage device but not to actually have the apps. If you transfer the apps in your SD card it will only be there for saving purposes and you cannot use them. You can use your SD cards to save your photos, music, ringtones and some videos.
As for your question regarding the pairing of your BB 8800 series with your PC via synching Over The Air, you can do this by following the steps below
1. Ensure that your computer has a windows Bluetooth software running.
2. Install the latest BlackBerry Desktop Software, ensure that your BB is running the latest software as well
3. On your BB enable your Bluetooth device to be searchable
4. On your computer go to the control panel and select the blue tooth device and select add
5. Click the My device is set up and ready to be found then next and wait for your computer to find your BB device. Click on next after your BB is detected
6. Now choose your own passkey and input them on the field
7. Input on your BB the passkey that you placed on your PC
8. Select Finish on your computer if you already verified the passkey from your BB
9. You can now synch