N/APosted on - 01/10/2015
Hi! Please advise if there is any way to save your conversations from Skype besides coping it? I believe tjhat history should be somewhere in IPad or am I wrong? Also is there any way I can synchronize it with my computer? The conversation is in Skype for many years and It will take a lot of time for me to copy messages one by one.
Synchronizing conversations from Skype from IPad to Computer
To export your chat history, follow these steps:
1. Make sure you are signed out of Skype.
2. Go to the Windows Start menu, and then in the search box at the bottom, type the following: %appdata%skype
3. Up above, you will see Skype show up with a folder icon. Click on that. An Explorer window will open.
4. Among the folders is one with your name on it. Double-click that folder.
5. Right-click on the main file and click on "Copy". Note: it might be listed as main.db.
6. Open Skype on your other location and sign in. Then sign out and close out Skype.
7. Follow steps 2-4. In step 5, this time when you right-click, choose "Paste". This will overwrite the original main or main.db file with the main or main.db file in your other computer.
If you need to keep the original main or main.db file on your other computer, however, make sure to change the name of it so that it doesn't get overwritten before you do all the steps above.