N/APosted on - 12/29/2013
I am having Windows 8 PC, 64bit with 4GB of RAM. I recently got this error asking me to uninstall the Synaptics driver which I have no idea. I am sure that I had this Synaptics Touchpad driver installed in my laptop. After using for some time, I get this error. I tried to uninstall and install the driver manually, but it still won’t like it. I went on to the laptop website and downloaded the drivers twice and tried to reinstall but no joy. Please help. Thanks.
Synaptics Pointing Device – Unable to connect to the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver. – If you have installed another PS/2 Pointing Device Driver please uninstall the Synaptics driver by clicking on the Yes button. You then need to reinstall your pointing device driver for your external device again. – Do you want to uninstall the Synaptics driver now?
Synaptics driver suddenly asking to uninstall
There are multiple solutions to resolve this error as mentioned below.
1) Go to 'Start', click 'Control Panel'
2) Click 'System', select 'Hardware' tab
3) Click 'Device Manager', select the item by navigating through the window
4) Uninstall the synaptics by selecting the uninstall option
5) After the process is completed, go to the 'Device Manager'
6) Select 'Action', click 'Scan for hardware changes' option
7) Reinstall the driver and restart the system
1) The 'Registry Reviver' software is used resolving the registry problems
2) Download the software from the Registry Reviver website
3) Run the 'RegistryReviverSetup.exe' and follow the steps to install
4) Click 'Start Scan' button and the software will fix all the problems
5) Restart the system after the software fixes for the issues