N/APosted on - 08/01/2016
Hi. What are the requirements for auditing the Active Directory? Also, what steps need to be followed so as to set up auditing? What steps need to be followed so as to know how to audit Active Directory? Thanks in advance. Please reply ASAP.
Steps so as to know how to audit Active Directory
Hi. To begin auditing the Active Directory, you need Windows Server 2008, and AD DS installed on the PC. Knowledge of AD DS auditing, event logs and information about editing group policy is also needed. The steps to know how to audit Active Directory are as follows-
1) First allow the audit policy
2) Set up the auditing by using Active Directory users and computers
To permit the audit policy by using Windows interface follow the below-given steps-
1) Click on start menu, then select Administrative Tools and click on group policy management
2) Double-click on the name of the domain following which double-click on the domain controllers and finally right-click on the default domain controllers policy and select the edit option
3) Double-click on the policies option under the computer configuration, then double-click on the Windows settings, security settings, local policies, then click on properties
4) Check mark the Define these policy settings
5) Click on the success check box from under the Audit these attempts option and click on OK
Hope we helped.