N/APosted on - 07/27/2016
I have been trying to install the DVD drive on my HP laptop from quite some time. But, every time it gives some error or the other. Can you list down the steps involved to install the DVD drive for hp laptop again after removing it and also the pre-requisites if any? Thanks in advance.
Steps to install the DVD drive for hp laptop
Hi. The pre-requisites to install the DVD drive for hp laptop are a screwdriver, disconnected power cord and Ethernet cables, and anti-static wrist strap.
If you are facing any issues with the driver, then try uninstalling the DVD drive and install it again.
To remove the drive,
1) The battery should first be removed
2) Then, remove the service door
3) The screw that keeps the CD/DVD drive secure should be removed
4) The CD/DVD drive should be freed from the connector by pressing on the back end with a metallic tool
5) Remove the drive
To install the drive,
1) Insert the CD/DVD drive until it fits
2) Fix it with the help of the screw which was removed for removing the drive
3) Place the service door again which was previously removed
4) Put the battery back and try turning the laptop on
Hope we helped.