N/APosted on - 12/25/2013
I am attempting to install Microsoft Sync Framework but always failed with an error. I tried installing the Shared Features of SQL 2008 R2 through the MSDN ISO file. This is actually the same error I got when I tried to upgrade my current SQL version. I need some help on fixing this error. Thanks.
SQL Server Setup Failure.
SQL Server Setup has encountered the following error:
SQL Server Setup Failure Error
The error is because of the SQL Server Compact 3.5 is not properly installed in the system.
To resolve this error follow the steps mentioned below:
1) Download the Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 version from the Microsoft Official website
2) After the file is downloaded, select 'SSCERuntime-ENU.exe' file to start the process
3) In the 'SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 Self Extractor' dialog box, specify the folder where you want to extract the files
4) Click 'SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi' file and follow the instruction manual to install the file
5) After the installation is completed, the registry key 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTInstaller' will be added in the registry files of the
6) Restart the system after the process is completed