N/APosted on - 12/03/2012
I tried to install SQL server, and while trying to connect to it I was getting this error message,
And it doesn’t allow me to login or to connect with the db?
Am I missing something in the process that is why this message is thrown?
Thanks in advance.
Virtual machine manager
The SQL Server service account does not have permission to access active directory domain services (AD DS).
Ensure that the SQL server service is running under a domain account or a computer account that has permission to access AD DS. For more information, see “Some applications and APIs require access to authorization information on account objects” in the Microsoft knowledge Base at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink./?linkid=121054
The SQL Server service account does not have permission
Thanks for posting your question!
The below is the solution which I would like you to try.
Simply change the virtual machine manager’s database DBO login to SA.
If the above doesn’t work then go to solution 2.
– The VMM service runs under local system account, you will have to change it to the domain account from which you have logged in.
– Side by side, also change the SQL server account to the same domain name where the VMM service runs.
Modify the MMC certificate by following the below steps to disable Smart Card option from user profile.
1. Open MMC
2. Go to file – Add / Remove snap-ins
3. Select certificate, and click add ( make sure that the current user is selected)
4. Hit ok
5. Now go to Personal – Certificates and double click on user certificates
6. Go to details tab and click on “Edit Properties” and select “Enable only the following purposes
7. Uncheck Smart Card Logon
Once, the above steps are followed the issue will be resolved.