N/APosted on - 01/31/2012
I am having some problems while attempting to install SQL Server on my Windows Server 2008 R2 standard. I have also gone through almost all the posts in here with no luck. These posts have not been useful to me although they might have been for others. As I follow the instructions written in the posts, the .net framework in redist folder is replaced by .net framework service pack1 which is downloaded from Microsoft’s website. Hence all of my trials went in vain. I will be really grateful if someone can help me to get out of this problem I am facing.
SQL .NET FRAMEWORK Server installation failed.
Here is the solution on your problem, please follow the instruction carefully.
1. Run the SQL server setup “setup.exe” from the SQL server.
2. After few verifications, It will this play the Installation page.
3. Click “MAINTENANCE” in the left portion of the page, and then click “repair” to start the operation.
4. After step 3, there will be a selection page for your preferred language. After selecting the desired language click “next”.
5. Setup Support will run to check if you system has the prerequisites installed. When it is finish with the validation Click Install to continue.
6. On the Instance page Choose instance to repair and then click “Next”.
7. The repair rules will validate the operation, just click “next” to continue.
8. The repair page indicates that it is ready to proceed. Know click “Repair” to continue.
9. On the repair page you will see the status or the progress of the repair.
On the Command prompt
“To run to Command prompt Go to start menu Choose the run command and type “CMD” ”
Run this on the CMD( Command Prompt)
SETUP.exe /q/action=Repair / INSTANCENAME=instancename.
For further question just Contact me.