N/APosted on - 11/08/2011
I am using DELL T310 with Windows Server 2008 R2, and I am facing some Problems. There are 9 client PCs that are used for data entry. I want something that can log in automatically. Let me know, if you know something by which I can automatically login to my server. The entire set of PCs is not using same OS. It is mix of Windows XP, XP Pro, Vista and 7. Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Software needed for auto admin login on network
I am not clear by log on to server; you are referring to log on via Remote Desktop application or some other program.
However, if you require that the PCs (Client) automatically log on, either with the credentials of Active Directory etc., you can use the registry editor of the client Pcs. (I personally do not recommend this because of security issues),BUT if you are sure about the security, then you can do the following changes in the client Pcs.
· On win XP-Click on Start- RUN, type regedit and enter
· On win 7 / Vista- Click on start-Search programs and files, and type regedit.exe
· Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Microsoft>Windows NT>CurrentVersion>Winlogon
· On the right pane check whether AutoAdminLogon, DefaultPassword and DefaultUsername are present
· If not, than create new by clicking on the empty space on the right pane select New>String Value and enter the value names: AutoAdminLogon, DefaultPassword and DefaultUsername separately
· Now double click each value and write as follows:
1- AutoAdminLogon Value : 1
2- DefaultPassword Value : the password of the user profile
· DefaultUsername Value: the username of the account you want to log in to.
Restart the client, AND that’s it. As soon as the client Restart, it will connect with the user name you provided.