N/APosted on - 04/09/2014
I have a new game on my PC called Skyrim and when I want to run it this error appears every time. Is not the first time when I have this error. When I got this error I uninstalled the games because I didn’t know how to solve them. But now I really want to play this game. Can anyone help me to solve this error please ? What could cause this annoying error ?
Thank you experts !
The program can’t start because X3DAudio1_7.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Skyrim cannot start because X3DAudio1_7.dll is missing
Missing X3DAudio1_7.dll is caused by an incomplete DirectX installation. To fix this problem, you will open your The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim folder and navigate to "DirectX10" folder inside it. Once there, find a file named "DXSetup.exe" and run it. The steps for doing this are as follows:
1. Navigate to your Skyrim folder (if you already know how to do it, skip directly to step 6)
2. Right-click your Skyrim shortcut and click "Properties"
3. There you will find a button called "Find Target…" (on some operating systems, it is called "Open file location")
4. Left click that button and you will find yourself in the Skyrim folder.
5. Look at the address bar. If the location ends with "The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim" and there is nothing after that, then you're at the right spot. If not, go up a few levels until you're there.
6. Find the folder named "DirectX10".
7. Open it and scroll down until you reach "DXSetup.exe".
7. Run that file.
You will go through the installation of the appropriate DirectX package which, once completed, will fix the error and enable you to play your copy of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim