N/APosted on - 11/23/2013
I bought 2 units of iPhone 4S from Singapore and send it to my brother and his friend in India. Apple seems to have many issues so I bought in two different stores. However, one of the iPhone has a problem on recognizing the SIM card while the other one is working fine. It is showing that the SIM card is invalid. We checked on the SIM card thinking that we may have inserted it incorrectly, but it is right. We tried another SIM card but it didn't help. Can you help me?
Sim Card Invalid Error on Factory Unlocked iPhone 4S
The error is because there the operating system of iPhone cannot recognize the SIM card.
To resolve this error follow the steps mentioned below:
1) Backup the user content and settings using iTunes software
2) The steps to backup the data through iTunes software is as mentioned below:
a) Connect your iOS device to the system which contains latest version of iTunes installed in it
b) Click 'File' menu, Select 'Devices', Click 'Backup'
c) Open 'iTunes Preferences', Select 'Devices' tab. Check that the process is completed
3) Restore the iPhone with content and settings from the backup
4) The steps to restore the backup is as follows:
a) Click 'File' menu, Select 'Devices', Click 'Restore from backup'
b) Open the iOS summary tab, Click 'View' menu, Select 'Show Sidebar'
c) Select your iOS devices in iTunes under 'Devices' section
5) Click 'Restore Backup' button
6) Check the version is 'iOS 5.0.1', go to 'Settings' > 'General' > 'About'
7) Restart the iPhone after the upgrade is complete