N/APosted on - 07/18/2013
I am trying to sequence of Microsoft Office 2010 using the Microsoft App-V 4.6 sequencer on Windows Vista SP1 or SP2 but during the whole process I encounter the following error message. Can I fix this without having any trouble? I really need your help to resolve the issue.
Thanks for every kind of assistance.
Error: Q:off2010.visOffice14MSACCESS.EXE The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.
Side-by-Side error when sequencing Office 2010 on Windows Vista
The error is because some libraries are conflicting with C run time libraries.
The solution to it is:
1) Click 'Start', type 'regedit', press enter
2) Open the registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINECOMPONENTSWinnersx86_policy.9.0.microsoft.vc90.crt'
3) Select '9.0 registry key'
4) Fine the highest number in the Name Column of the list
5) Double click the string value of the column and open the Edit String dialog box
6) Replace the number with the highest number found in the Name column
7) In 'File' menu, Click 'Exit'
8) After closing the registry, restart the system