N/APosted on - 10/17/2014
I have Dell Inspiron n5010. I purchased it 3 years back. Now when I press the power button it starts and HANGS UP at 'Starting Windows' Screen. I tried to run it in Safe Mode, in Command Mode and with Networking too but nothing helps. I am stuck with it. I even tried Memory Test in Boot options, it says Memory Test pass. I even tried to repair the windows but guess what? it failed to recover and no restore point is being shown. Unable to do project work. Laptop isn't starting at all.
OS: Windows 7(Ultimate) 32 bit.
Windows is genuine.
Short DST passed but Laptop(Dell Inspiron n5010) hangs at Starting Windows screen.
I am sorry to hear that you Dell laptop is not booting past the 'Starting Windows' screen.
Here are a few things to try in order to solve your problems.
Solution One: Test Hard Drive
Since you seem to be a bit technically savvy, you would want to run the hard disk test again. You ran it one time already but sometimes, the test fails to detect the problem at the first check.
I recommend doing a complete check of the hard drive by using the utility you currently have. This should determine if your hard drive is failing. If the hard drive fails the test/s, please replace the hard drive.
Solution Two: Power Cycle the laptop
1. Remove the battery from the laptop and also unplug the charger.
2. Press and hold the 'Power' button for about 3 minutes.
3. After 3 minutes, release the 'Power' button and connect the charger to the laptop.
4. Once you have plugged in the charger, 'Power On' the laptop by pressing the 'Power' button.
5. If the laptop comes on, then your problem is solved.
One of the afore mentioned solutions should fix your issue.