Sharepoint error while running it
If you have installed the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office 2010, then you will not be able to view a list in Datasheet view on a SharePoint website. This is because of unavailability of a 64-bit of the Datasheet component of Office 2010.
The solution for this is to enable the Datasheet component by installing 2007 office system driver : Data connectivity components from Microsoft download center.
This error sometimes appears if ActiveX control settings are not set properly in Internet Explorer.
To verify it follow these steps:-
1. Open IE browser.
2. Go to Tools > Internet Options.
3. Click on Security tab and select Internet icon and click on Custom level.
4. Check the ActiveX controls and plug-ins.
5. Check the setting for "Download signed ActiveX controls", make sure Prompt radio button is selected.
6. Check the setting for "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins", make sure Enable radio button is selected.
7. Check the setting for "Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting", make sure Enable radio button is selected.