N/APosted on - 01/30/2013
I am not able to install MS SQL Server 2005. Following error appears and Setup always fails. Need your assistance please
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 setup
The setup failed to read IIsMimeMao table. The error code is -2147023550.
Setup failed to read IIsMimeMao table. The error code is -2147023550
This is a listed bug in Microsoft; follow the procedure below to solve the problem:
1. Click start, then control panel.
2. Double-click administrative tools and then click services.
3. In the services window, right-click IIS Admin Service, and then click stop.
4. After the IIS Admin Service is stopped , right-click World Wide Web Publishing Service, and then click stop.
5. After the World Wide Web Publishing Service has been stopped, close the services window.
6. Uninstall reporting services.
After you have uninstalled the reporting services, you must manually delete the following in Internet Information services (IIS) Manager.
· The ReportServer [$instance name] Reporting Services virtual directory.
· The Report [$instance name] Reporting Services virtual directory.
· The ReportServer [$instance name] ReportServer application pool
Nb: 1. Instance name is a placeholder for the instance name of the SQL Server 2005 that you uninstall.
2. After you have uninstalled the Reporting Services, you must manually start the IIS Admin Service and the World Wide Web Publishing service.
Hope this will be of help to you.