N/APosted on - 11/18/2013
I am trying to install Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2) but receive this weird error message which I can’t resolve easily so I need your suggestion. Please provide some proper solutions to fix these issues. I would be grateful to you. Thanks in advance.
Exchange Server 2010 SP2 Upgrade
Hub Transport Role Prerequisites
Setup cannot continue with the upgrade because the “beremote()” process (ID:3984) has open files.Close the process and restart Setup.
Elapsed Time 00:00:32
Client Access Role Prerequisites
Setup cannot continue with the upgrade
I will provide you with one solution that might assist you, otherwise please post again your problem.
The steps below could help you:
1. Firstly, you should close or destroy DataCollectorSvc. You can find this collector by searching it in Search field.
2. You can destroy this collector by using Task Manager.
Otherwise, please follow steps below:
1. Firstly, you should turn off Group Policy. This can be done when you use Local Group Policy Editor.
2. Then, continue with installation of Microsoft Exchange Server 2010.
3. Finally, turn on back the Local Group Policy Editor.
There you go. Problem has been solved.