N/APosted on - 01/14/2012
How to transfer email contacts from my old to new computer?
I have a computer which is running under Windows Vista and using Windows Mail. I purchased a new computer which is running under Windows 7 and installed Outlook 2010. I need to transfer all email contacts from my old computer to the new computer. I will be thankful for your help to get out of this problem.
Seeking help to transfer email contacts.
To export Contacts from your Windows Live Mail to Microsoft Outlook 2010, you need to follow the steps below:
· Open your Windows Live Email
· Click on Contacts > Click on Export > Then select ‘comma separated values(.csv)’
· Click Browse on the CSV export window then select desktop
· Type WLMContacts on the file name field and click on Save
· Click on Next and select the fields you want to export
· Click on Finish and wait for the export process to be completed
· Close your Windows Live Mail and open Microsoft Outlook
· Click on Contacts then click on File > Open > Import
· Select ‘Import from another program or file’ then next
· Click on ‘Comma separated values(windows) > then Next
· Click Browse then select ‘WLMContact’ on your desktop then click on Open
· Click Next and make sure the Contacts folder is highlighted.
· Click Finish then wait for the process to be completed.