N/APosted on - 02/01/2014
Can someone please help me? Ever since I upgraded to Windows 8.1, RunDLL error keeps showing on my screen during startup. I don't know where it is coming from and I also don't know how to get rid of it. It seems to be like a registry issue and I don't want to add another trouble on my computer so I am asking for help here. Thanking everyone in advance.
RunDLL Issue on Windows 8.1
RunDLL issue is not new for everyone. It may sometimes shows an error "The specified module could not be found" or something like, "The application did not start properly". The Rundll.exe is a system file that place the DLL files in your memory. But an error will occur if your computer is infected with a virus or missing some system files. And yes, this error is a registry error that occurred when the registry is dumped with some unwanted files.
Other possible causes of RunDLL issue are:
1. Missing or corrupt DLL files.
2. The DLL files are infected by some virus, spyware or Trojans.
3. Wrong or invalid DLL entries on your Windows Registry.
4. When you accidentally removed or deleted DLL file.
In this case, you need to clean corrupted registry files. Download and install the Windows 8 Registry Cleaner to fix this. Or alternatively, you can try the following solutions below:
1. Try to find the damaged or corrupted program then go to Control Panel and remove this program. You can also choose to Repair it if there is an option to Repair.
2. Scan your system with your antivirus software. Always use a trusted and reliable security application to help you in removing viruses and spyware.
3. If the missing DLL files comes from a deleted program, re-download an reinstall that program to get the missing DLL file again.
4. Lastly, since you said the issue started after upgrading to Windows 8, you might want to repair the installation or perform a clean install of your OS. Maybe you have missed something during the installation process that is why you are getting an error.