N/APosted on - 06/26/2013
Hi to all.
How am I going to initiate repair a file in red hat 6 for Linux 5 after I had installed Win XP? I have often faced a problem of repair file system when I change some settings In kernel. I had tried so many commands but I am not really sure if what command should I apply this time. I can only do single mode login since the run level 5 is always prompting me for a login name loop.
Please help me.
Repair a file in redhat 6 for Linux 5
Here I am to provide you with proper solution to solve your problem.
First of all, you need to know the cause of your problem. Basically this problem is interrelated with unable to boot into Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Below is the list that shows step by step solutions:
1. Firstly, you need to reinstall the boot loader.
2. Then, through medium of installation mode, boot the system.
3. Select the rescue mode by entering linux rescue.
4. In order to split the root, you must write chroot/mnt/sysimage.
5. The boot loader is waiting for you to be reinstalled. The step to reinstall is by writing /sbin/grub-install bookpart.
6. Please check the /boot/grub/grub file if additional information needed.
7. Finally, you have the choice to restart your computer.
The problem is solved. Otherwise, please post again.