N/APosted on - 01/14/2012
How to remove Windows Privacy Protection??
I am using AVAST Antivirus in my Laptop. After the scanning by AVAST it is saying there is a virus in the Laptop. I think it is fake because when I restarted the computer it says about a virus and again when restarted it was saying another about another virus. So I need help to remove the ‘Windows Privacy Protection’. The AVAST is runs very slow because of the ‘Windows Privacy Protection’. Kindly help me to get out of this problem. Thanks in advance.
Removing windows privacy protection on windows
Your computer is infected with a Rogueware virus. You can try to first run your computer using Microsoft Systems sweeper. Further information regarding that can be found here https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/166445-windows-defender-offline.html.
To delete the Windows Privacy Protection software you need to boot your computer via the Safe Mode option. Please do choose Safe Mode with Networking option. To go to the safe mode, you need to press F8 as soon as you see anything on the screen after your reboot it.
· You need to download RKill on your desktop to kill the privacy protection application. Installer can be found here https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/
· You need to do double click the explorer.exe icon after you download it and will stop the privacy protection application.
· Try to download and install Malwarebytes anti Malware software that can be found here https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/
· Once done, run Malwarebytes to do a full scan.
· You just need to delete all the affected files found by the software.