N/APosted on - 08/22/2011
I am using Window Vista and I am trying to Install Microsoft. Net Framework 1.1 in my system but I am receiving registry fix error. Please tell me its solution.
RegSvcs.exe – Common Language Runtime Debugging Services
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id = 0x18a8 (6312), Thread id = 0xef4 (3828).
Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.
RegSvcs.exe – Common Language Runtime Debugging Services Errors
By default .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 are included in Windows Vista. For applications that specifically require the .NET Framework 1.0 or 1.1, you will have to install the redistribute setup package.
For any issue with regsvcs.exe on Windows Vista, I suggest trying the following workarounds (in the order listed – I put them in order of what I think the likelihood is, that they'll be helpful):
1. If you are installing on a pre-RC1 build of Windows Vista (builds less than 5600) Visit Here Aaron Stebner's WebLog
(this is a bug in earlier builds of Windows Vista that was fixed in RC1, so skip this step if you already have RC1, RC2 or RTM because it won't help)
2. Try to disable non-essential system services and installing afterwards – Visit here Aaron Stebner's WebLog
3. Try to disable the MSDTC service .
4. Try to disable Data Execution Protection and install afterwards.
5. Check OS locale settings (will only affect some newer OS locales introduced in XP SP2 or later)
6. Set a breakpoint to workaround timing issues, during setup.