N/APosted on - 05/29/2015
How can I remove Red Hat Linux from a dual boot system with RHL and XP on the same disk but on different partitions? I know it’s not a great deal but I’m facning problem. I get the CHKDSK each time I start my PC after removing Red Hat. How can I solve this problem?
Red Hat Linux and Windows XP
Since you are using Win XP you can follow the below steps to remove the Red Hat from dual boot system.
1. Right click on My Computer.
2. Click on Properties.
3. Go to Advanced tab.
4. Now under ”Startup and Recovery” click “Settings”
You can change the value for “Time to display list of operating systems” to 0s
1. Click on Edit.
2. It will open boot.ini in notepad mode.
3. You will see something like,
Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut
C:CMDCONSBOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons"
4. Here I have two selections XP and windows Recovery, you may be having Red Hat too, delete that line.
For more details click here