N/APosted on - 10/22/2012
Currently I need to scan some documents. I had got a USB (ill-fate), so had to scan documents and Trojans along with me stored in USB drive. When I just plugged it into my PC, then my all drives stop in response.
The error message was:
C:resycled/boot.com is not a valid Win32 application.
Thankful for help from anyone.
“recycled/boot.com is not a valid Win32 application“.
Boot.com is a virus, in the root index of the C: drive there is a hidden autorun.inf, run an update antivirus to delete it or do it manually;
1. Hit the Tools > Folder Option in the Windows Explorer menu bar.
2. The Folder Options will appear.
3. In the view tab, find the “Show hidden files and folders” and select it.
4. Go back to C: drive and look for autorun.inf.
5. Delete the file.
6. Check the other drives that you have for possible infection.
7. More importantly reboot the computer after.