N/APosted on - 11/06/2014
What are the detail steps to observe in servicing a laptop cooler? The fan and the USB port is not responding normally. I would like to replace both the fan and the USB slot or port with new ones. Can I get assistance as to hoe to go about it? Thank you.
The Procedures to note in servicing Laptop cooler
Hi George J Layton,
I will advise of some of the steps you need to take in order to replace the fan and USB slot in your laptop. Since you did not specify the make and model of your computer, I will be providing you with general steps that need to be taken. More specific information can be found by reading the service manual that came with your laptop.
1. You will need to remove all screws located at the base of your laptop.
2. Once you have removed these screws, proceed to carefully detach and remove the components (hard drive, RAM sticks, Cables, etc.).
3. After removing these components you should have an easier access to the fan and USB port you need to replace.
4. Locate and remove these parts and then replace them with the new ones you have purchased.
5. All you need to do after replacing these parts, is, to reverse the steps listed above in order to put your laptop back together.
NOTE: Remember the internal components are very delicate, handle with extreme care.
That's all you need to do in order to replace the parts of your laptop