N/APosted on - 09/12/2013
I had installed Ant.com video downloader toolbar version 2.2.1 and wanted to update it but every time an error pops up. The error is shown below. When this was not working I decided to uninstall this toolbar but surprisingly the same error pops up.
Please see the error image and advice what to do. I am running Windows Vista.
Error – There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
Problems while attempting to update or uninstall Ant.com toolbar
Hey Mr. Arnold,
1.You have to install the latest version of Windows Installer. Follow this link:
Get Windows Installer
2. Now start the Windows Installer service. Click on Start, go to the search box (for Win 7 / Vista) or open Run option and type in Services.msc and press [ENTER]
3. Double-click on Windows Installer.
4. Set the Startup type of Windows Installer to Manual.
5. Click Start to start the service.
6. Click on OK.
If this does not do the trick,
1. You can go ahead and un-install Java because there must have been a problem with Java installation.
2. Get Java offline download available at this link.
3. Install it and the Windows Installer should work fine afterwards.