N/APosted on - 02/03/2013
I need your help on document indexing Mac software download. How do I fix problems on Spotlight and FamilySearch indexing on Mac OS? It becomes unresponsive or it always stops so my file search attempts have failed. I also need to find some corrupted files so I could fix the problems on my applications. I badly need to quickly search for documents including hidden files so please recommend which program I should download to overcome this indexing issue.
Problems on Spotlight and FamilySearch indexing on Mac OS
Follow these instructions and I am sure that you will find them helpful:
1) Open you Mac HD, click on applications, click on utilities folder and find the icon "Java preferences". Open it and then click on "Network tab".
2) Now click on the Java cache viewer button.
3) You will see a list of items, find any items that show FamilySearch indexing, delete them
4) Now at the top, click on the pop up menu of applications and choose resources. Click the URL button, this puts all the items from family search together in the list. Now select all of them and delete them, now close both windows.
5) Now open your web browser. Go to https://www.familysearch.org/indexing/ and click on “Start Indexing”.
Hope this will help you.