N/APosted on - 06/19/2012
Hi friends. I’m having trouble with Outlook. I am trying to set up bluehost email in outlook. I’m able to receive emails and that function is working properly but unable to send mail. I’m getting this error message “503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA. I have tested the outgoing part individually, but doesn’t show any error. I’m able to send email from another account in outlook properly. Please suggest any solutions. Thank you.
Problem sending mails in Ms Outlook
The error encountered indicates that it is important to check your email before attempting to send it. In plain English, authorization of the mail server is highly required. Since you are using Outlook, please follow the methods given below in order to resolve this issue.
1. First and foremost, launch your Microsoft Outlook.
2. Next, go to Email Accounts / Tools.
3. Choose the account which having errors and click on Change.
4. After that, please select More Settings followed by Outgoing Server Tab.
5. Next , click on “Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) requires authentication” and do make certain the “Use same settings as
incoming mail server” is chosen.
6. Please select Advance Tab and set up the outgoing port (SMTP) to :
– In the case you are using Linux as your hosting account, set the port to 26
– Set the port to 587 if you use Windows as the hosting account
7. Afterward, click OK and please select Test Account Settings
If the solution given above results you the same error when attempting to send the email, please follow the steps below
1. Firstly, choose Advanced Tab.
2. Please put 465 as the outgoing port (SMTP)
3. Later , make sure to check the box “The server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)”
4. Lastly, click OK and select Test Account Settings
I hope this little help will work for you