N/APosted on - 01/09/2012
Hi Experts! Could you please help me in working out for the method on using BT in two computers?
I attempt to exchange my databases from one PC to another, but I received an error “There was a problem restoring a backup file: C:UsersgarryDocumentsBlackthorneBackupsbtdatabackupsql003bak.
The current database may be in use, you may need to restart the program before attempting to restore it.” when opening database on other computer where the database is created.
I can see that it is working even if I got an error, but I am thinking that it might break my database in the future.
I am running SQL 2005 Express in my Windows Vista with BT 04.07.018.
Please send me some solutions.
Problem Restoring Backup File in SQL 2005
Here is the solution to your problem:
1. Open SQL Server 2005 Management Studio.
2. Connect to the appropriate server.
3. Expand Databases.
4. Right-click the desired database, mouse over Tasks, mouse over Restore and select Database.
5. The Restore Database window will appear.
6. Ensure that the correct database name appears in the To database field. If not, select it from the dropdown.
7. Under Source for restore, select the From device radio button.
8. Click the button next to the textbox to select the device to restore from.
9. The Specify Backup window will appear.
10. Click Add and locate and select the backup file from the Locate Backup File Window. Click OK.
11. Under Select the backup sets to restore, select all three backups (full, transaction log, and differential).
12. In the left pane, select Options.
13. Under Recovery state, ensure that the Restore with Recovery radio button is selected.
14. Click OK to begin restoring the database.
15. Once the restore is complete, a notification box will appear. Click OK to close the box. You have now restored your database to the most recent state.
These steps will solve your problem.