N/APosted on - 09/14/2013
I have installed MAME, Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. It is an emulator application that I use to form the hardware of arcade game systems. I have been trying to play a CHD game but every time I get the error message below.
I have re-installing MAME and I also tried different CHD files that are compatible with my MAME version but nothing worked. I am using MAME version 146.
Error: required files are missing, the game cannot be run.
Problem occurred with Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator
The error is because either the EXE files of the game are not installed or video file is corrupted.
There are multiple solutions to resolve this error.
Solution 1: EXE files incorrectly loaded.
1) Check the EXE file are in the location where the roms folder are located
2) The game roms are preserved in the ZIP format
Solution 2: Video files are corrupted
1) Go to 'Options' > 'Default Game Options' > 'Advanced'
2) In the Default Game options, uncheck 'Switch resolutions to fit' option
3) Click 'OK', restart the system