N/APosted on - 06/28/2016
Help! I have forgotten my Windows password. How do I proceed with linux windows password reset? I do not have a Windows password reset disk. Can someone please help me reset the password without the disk?
Problem With Linux Windows Password Reset-Help Is Needed Urgently.
You can use a Linux Boot CD to reset the password. Follow the steps given below.
• Download a copy of the Linux System Rescue CD.
• Burn the ISO image.
• Boot your device after inserting the disk to which you burned the ISO image.
• Make sure CD/DVD is the first boot device.
• You will receive a command prompt.
• Mount your hard drive with the command ntfs- 3g /dev/sda1 /mnt/windows –o force.
• In order to change the current directory to the Windows/System32/config directory, run the command cd/mnt/windows/Windows/System32/config.
• To list all the user accounts, run the command chntpw.
• Depending on the user account you need to reset the password for, run the chntpw command with the name of the account.
• Type 2 at the command prompt and reset the password.
• Press y to save the new password.
• Restart the computer.
• Take out the disk.