N/APosted on - 03/28/2012
I have purchased a Windows 7 original DVD. Now I want to format my Hard Disk and make a fresh installation of windows 7. When I boot from DVD it stops with an error message which is "can not Process installation" and some error codes.
Note: The previous windows vista was built in with the laptop.
Problem with installing windows 7
You want Custom Installation (fresh installation) of Windows 7 (you did not mention whether 32-bit Version of Windows 7 or 64-bit Version of Windows 7). Before installing Windows 7 you have to keep in mind the followings:
1. Custom Installation of Window 7 will not preserve your current (Windows Vista) settings, programs and files. So back up your all necessary files and settings.
2. Go to Start button, right click Computer, click Properties. You will find your laptop whether it covers 32-bit Operating System or 64-bit Operating System.
3. Check your current configuration and note the following minimum requirements for installation of Windows 7:
* Processor needed 1GHz or faster for 32-bit/x86 and 1GHz or faster for 64-bit/x64.
* RAM needed 1GB for 32-bit/x86 and 2GB for 64-bit/x64.
* Hard Disk Space needed 16GB for 32-bit/x86 and 20GB for 64-bit/x64.
*WDDM 1.0 or higher drive for Direct 9 graphics device.
4. In addition, if you want some upgrade programs, you will need advanced hardware.
5. Now choose your appropriate Windows 7.
I hope you understand it.