N/APosted on - 08/05/2011
I am facing with these problems when I try to format my PC.
When I try to install Windows 2000 on my PC there comes up an error like this.
File halacpi.dll could not be loaded.
The error code is 7
Setup cannot continue. press any key to exit.
Please help me.
Problem with halacpi.dll could not be loaded
When you encounter the “Error code 7”, most of the times it means there’s something wrong with one of your hardware or input/output devices, that is being used in the installation process. There are some things that you may want to check:
1. Windows Installation Disk – Inspect the physical surface of the CD, it might have dirt or scratches. You can try to wipe it with a soft cloth if it appears dirty and try the installation again.
2. CD ROM Drive settings – Try to change the jumper settings of the CD ROM Drive, if it is on master try to make it slave or vice versa.
3. Incorrect BIOS Settings – Reset your BIOS to its default settings before running the installation disk again.
4. A faulty IDE/SATA connection – Try replacing the cable first and see if works. If you are using your primary IDE/SATA slots, switch to use the secondary slots instead.
5. A defective Memory Module – You can try switching into another memory slot and see if it fixes the problem. If it doesn’t, it might be time for you to replace your memory module.
6. Hard Disk Drive problem – It is also possible that it’s time for you to replace your Hard disk drive with a new one.