N/APosted on - 03/28/2012
I am facing a problem when browsing the files. There is an error message appears with the following text:
The program requires the file advrcntr2.dll, which was not found on this system.
Please note that I am not running any program but trying to browse the files only.
However the error happens with the folders that contains .dat file types.
Please see the attach image.
I will be bounded if there is any solution.
This program requores the file advrcntr2.dll, which was not found on this system.
Problem with computer file browsing
Good day Andi Aguilar,
I would just like to ask if you have Nero on your computer?
If yes, then an anti-virus or security programs could have been possibly removed or moved the file advrcntr2.dll for some unknown reason from its proper folder. Or, there are some errors when you last upgraded/download Nero on your computer.
Here are the following steps to resolve your problem:
1. Uninstall Nero from your computer.
(Use Add/Remove Programs on your Control Panel or the uninstall folder/icon on your Nero folder.)
(BIG NO! There are possibilities that you only delete the files on each folder, this is not UNINSTALL, it is DELETE)
2. Restart your computer.
3. Download the Cleantools utility applicable to your specific Nero version. You can download Cleantools utility here.
This program help you to REALLY remove NERO on your computer.
4. To ensure that your computer is running safe, RESTART it.
5. Once again, download Nero from where you last downloaded it. Whether from a CD or online. From this, you may be able to have the file deleted/missing which is the advrcntr2.dll back.
6. If possible, download the latest version if it has. If you could still remember the site where you downloaded your first Nero, DO NOT download it again (if you got your program from Google or online).
7. Restart your computer again.
8. If the problem still exists or something is wrong AGAIN with your Nero, kindly run a virus scan to solve it.
To sum up everything, here is a video to easily understand the 8 steps. Please view:
If you are encountering problems, don't hesitate to give me a beep.