N/APosted on - 01/31/2012
I am facing problem in child domain with the set up of Exchange 2003. I don’t know why it is not allowing me to create exchange organization in the child domain. It appears as another server with the root server. Please help me to get out of this problem. I will thankful for all help and support.
Problem in child domain configuration.
If you have already got one main domain controller, you'll be capable to assemble a kid domain controller. You'll be capable to scale back the traffic of the network exploitation kid domain controller
Their area unit some pre-requirement for installing kid Domain Controller:
-An operating system should be MS-Server 2003.
-Domain Controller should be designed
-DNS and TCP/IP settings should be designed.
-Computer should be connected properly (physically and logically) to different computers.
Execute the subsequent steps to feature kid domain controllers in your windows 2003 server domain controller.
1. 1st click on begin button to open run choice and kind here ""dcpromo"" then press ok button.
2. Currently, windows active directory welcome page can seem, click next button.
Again click the next button on ""Operating System Compatibility"" (here you'll be able to browse through some demand for domain client).
3. For brand new domain, choose the choice ""Domain Controller for a brand-new Domain"" and click on Next button.
Now choose the choice ""Child Domain in associate Existing Domain Tree"" and click on Next button.
4. Currently offer the Username, countersign and name of the Domain Controller System and click on Next.
5. Currently offer the name as champion.com and a kid name (marketing) and click on Next.
On consequent ""Database and Log Folders"" page, you'll be able to amend the placement of active directory info folder and Log folder additionally. For best performance, store these folders on a separate partition or onerous disks. Click Next for default setting.
6. Currently, the wizard can show you the trail of ""Shared system Volume folder location"", you must not amend its default path. Click Next for default setting.
7. On the page ""Directory Services Restore Mode Administrator Password"" and provide ""Restore Mode Password,"" if you would like otherwise leave this empty and click on Next.
8. Click Next on outline page, when complete the wizard, and Restart your laptop to save lots of settings.