N/APosted on - 04/24/2015
I connected and installed a printer for our working area. We tried to print with this printer from LAN but nothing happened. Everything were all properly connected and followed the manual on how to connect it with LAN. But still the same. Can you provide us resolution for this problem? Can you provide me alternative solutions for this device? Can you give me pointers on how to prevent this from happening again? Thank you very much and have a nice day!
Printer doesn’t work through LAN Network Brother MFC-J6920DW
Here are some of the steps that you can use to resolve your problem.
1. Go to Start menu >> Control Panel >> select Hardware and Sound and go to Devices and Printers. Note: Switch the View to – > Category.
2. Select add a printer.
3. Click Add a local printer.
4. Create a new port. Make sure that the Local Port is selected from the list and then click the Next button.
5. In the Port Name type \computer nameprinter name (simply by locating the printer in the network), then click Ok button.
6. Follow the on-screen guide and then click Finish button.
You can also try the instructions below. Verify the connection status is the best way to resolve your problem.
1. Go to Start menu >> Control Panel >> Network and Internet >> click Network and Sharing Center.
2. Here you can see if your computer is really connected to LAN. Close the window.
3. Right click in the notification area and then select Diagnose and repair.
4. Open again Network and Sharing Center. If Network Discovery is off click the arrow button to expand and select Turn on network discovery. Click the Apply button once done.
5. Go to Printer sharing section, turn on Turn on printer sharing and then click Apply.